View Single Post
Old 07-25-2021, 02:33 PM   #19
Ziegelsteinfaust

Re: Slot mags vs pyo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
I assumed you would be using the one ton brakes and steering components as well. As for the rear end, I don't understand what a comparison to a 9-in has to do with it. Whatever the case, what you're describing to me sounds like an assortment of trucks. At least two, more likely three. Hope you settle on what you want. If you decide to run the 1 ton suspension and PYOs on the basis of saving weight, and it nets out less than half ton gear with aluminum slots, be sure to come back and post the update.
I had originally planned to use C30 spindles for the larger calipers, but I have found out Wilwood D52 calipers work on a C20. Plus they are lite weight, and offer good clamping force.

C20 and C30 share the same ball joints, and tie rods. The only difference in the parts are the calipers, and matching spindles. Besides things like shocks, and spring rates. Which still interchange too.

I compared to the 9" because it is the standard by which axles are rated. Just like the standard sbc is the standard in engines for going on 50 years now. Things are starting to change, and maybe the LS architecture will displace it.

Yes it will be a Franken truck with parts from 3 different models to dial in want.

When I get it running I will post current pics as I have not taken any really currently.

Then I will start to make a final decision on which direction I will go. Because I am not buying parts for suspension at this point, and avoiding depression buying currently.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote