View Single Post
Old 04-11-2023, 09:18 AM   #5
CJM72

Re: Remove a leaf to lower Tuff Country EZ Ride Sorings

Thanks for the feedback guys. Personally, I love the height of my truck before the springs (39 5/8" at the front wheel arch). Due to my LS Swap, I really could use a little more clearance from the front cross member, but I really didn't want to go more than an 1" more to keep the look and gaps reasonable.

Frankly, I personally think it looks a little goofy with what 'seems' like a 3" lift with 33" tires. It also makes getting in slightly tougher and I'm going to have to do something about the rear suspension to level it up. Just not ideal.

Hemi, your build is a bit of a role model for mine. Mine won't ever be as nice, but I like the look and stance of your rig. De-Arching is the 'right' answer, but I'm worried about them coming back 'too low' or uneven. It will also add a bunch of time I don't have at the moment. That's why I was considering pulling a leaf or two if people had done it in the past with good results.

I did reach out to Tuff Country, but I don't expect them to offer much for solutions. I'm sure removing a leaf will change the engineered rate and possibly cause the leafs to sag or fail faster.

Last edited by CJM72; 04-11-2023 at 09:48 AM.
CJM72 is offline   Reply With Quote