View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 10:41 AM   #2927
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Right....

Back to Sunday morning on the road trip.

Been without a car for three days, and the Road trip turned itself into an Adventure.

Which meant no updates as I was even more busy getting around Arkansas courtesy of Steve Hansen "Bib Overalls" and a load of other folks.

But $358.00 later and loads of shouting by Dennis at Fletcher Dodge in Jonesboro (who proved themselves to be ultimately &#!7, sadly) the car has a temporary bypass fix to get me home for the Birthday Party, and Roger Orf's Burnout BBQ and party.

Seems like today and tomorrow may be fuelled purely by beer.

@
@
@
@
@

So we left Dennis' place with Danny to go to Mittler Bros Racing to pick up some spares en route to the track 120 miles away.

When any of he 13 trucks get destroyed on track, they have to get rebuilt in the shop.

Every track has a car built to specification for that track, now you get why it's such an expensive sport.

Stripped down to a frame......

New sheet metal gets fabricated and a new carbon fibre nose added.

After which Dennis takes over for paint and finish, to get them all pretty again, just to be broken at the next race.

And for a hoarder with an eye for stuff that can be repurposed, a pile of race car panels outside that I would love to hang on my wall, tailgates and front ends, plus door and bed panels.
I could have cried.

Then on the road, which included a stop for some "breakfast at midday, and these beauties, introduced to me by Danny King.

Over the Mississippi River again, something I seem to have done many times on this visit.

And back at the track.

$40.00 per person for a Pit Pass, every day of the races, Thank you Dennis, for refusing to let me pay.

But worth every Dollar as we spent 10 hrs per day there.

Preparation of the track is non stop, to get water deep into the surface.

Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote