Thread: "Sound Advice"
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 06:31 AM   #2
James the III

Re: "Sound Advice"

Do you remember the mr mike microphone, that you tuned into a channel and it put your voice over the car home radio? same idea.. how picky are you about the sound?
if it was 20-30 bucks I'd say go for it, but at almost 90 bucks..

retro sound and custom auto sound offer shaft radios..
even e bay has pyle brand shaft radio's , for 69 bucks but no remote control..
ebay has a gm am/fm cassette radio for 41 bucks.. and the cassette to mini plug adapters most likely will sound as good as that thing you linked..
There are guys that add mini plugs to gm radios.. so you can plug in an ipod/etc..
I'm picky about the sound.. so I'd go looking at swap meets and ebay and pawn shops/craigs list for an alpine/pioneer shaft radio am/fm casstte with aux input .
even junkyards, you don't care if the cassette deck works (bonus if it does) but the radio and aux input work.. and 99.9% of the time it's the deck that is the only part broken..
even an in-dash gm car radio shaft type that is an 8 track player can have the aux input added ,
I did one the mini plug for the ipod was in the 8 track tape and the ipod hid in the tape.. put on your play list and push the tape in to chang from radio to tape and whatever you had pluged into the mini plug plays through the stock gm radio..
James the III is offline   Reply With Quote