View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 02:32 AM   #3244
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Further to the weekend actions.

Withnmy usual insomnia waking me and being out the house by stupid-0-clock, I moved a load of tools, obstructions into my secure spare shed, yes I have that.

Leaving the truck chassis, Snapon toolbox and motorbike as the only three things that now need moving about if I want to weld and grind. Toolbox may head into the next door area of the garage too leaving even less obstructions to move every time I want to work.
I do like my garage so that I navigate in the dark, without killing myself.

This will mean that I can literally steal an hour here and there to do little bits of work.

Easy now.

No excuses.

Decorated the welder trolley and covered some damage on the toolbox with a couple of stickers, sent to me by Dennis in the USA and also Euan and Rogan.

Then a bit of welding, after doing my ironing for the last two weeks and some laundry.
Mixing the pink and blue jobs effortlessly here.

This was round no 5 of the welding, I am happy to attach a seat belt to the B pillars now.

Of course, while welding my helper, who has no bloody fear, had to come and inspect too.

Insisting on pointing out the faults.

Funny furry creature, weird how she loves being there where I work.

Maybe she is on standby to call an ambulance if I do something stupid

Finished the welding, not flattened the last welds back yet, had to shower and get over to Joys place.

Will be feeding the backing plate for the seatbelt mounts up the side from below.

Then tacking them in place for fixing the anchor points.

One of the things I fixed for Joys place was an old frame that needed glueing and clamping for a few hours.

I found the frame years ago, and could not see it become landfill so rescued it.

Now the plan is to mount it on the wall, and then create a collage of smaller frames inside it, all with the same theme.

Should look good once done.

My only worthy find at Sunday’s single Bootfair, was a small, pretty smoking pipe for my collection.

And lastly, some more of the weekends results, many more to go up, but planning,and mounting Joys lifetime of photos and family memories has taken time too.

More to come.

Hectic week ahead.

Be safe.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote