View Single Post
Old 01-13-2022, 05:42 PM   #303
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Build that 71 402 already

Early in this project I picked up the NOS dome light bezel. They're not exactly plentiful in bling.

Last night I couldn't sleep thinking about installing it after figuring things out. When I took the old one down I thought it installed with screws right Don't tell anyone, but of all the screw holes that needed to be welded in the cab I missed those, should have known just by they weren't drilled square.

I hear they rattle, go figure, the one in my C20 has clear sealant around the outer parameter - not really a nice look. I figured 3M strip caulk has a place here, avoiding clip & lens interference. Once figured out I think it took a minute to install that & the harness. Snugged right up.

I imagine there's little or no visual difference this & repro. though. Speak of harnesses, I ordered them last January, and it only took 11 months to get them. Really I never got the turn switch, but I found an NOS. Wouldn't surprise me I receive the turn switch at some point. They sent the harnesses as they built them. Yeah, 11 months worth so far. Love COVID & that, maybe the chinese can build the harnesses too

For anyone wondering how to remove these, the clips on the housing only spring one side each. The RH clip spring is accessed from underneath & the LH clip spring from above. Perhaps a good place for a credit card.
Attached Images

71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details such as OEM identifications& part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 03-06-2022 at 02:22 AM.
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote