Thread: 93 s10 v8 swap
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 06:56 PM   #12
Myself

Re: 93 s10 v8 swap

I've done a few swaps in first gens. I can tell you right now you can keep your trans in the factory location but you'll have to move your radiator into the support if you want to run a mechanical fan with the serpantine setup. Also with the 700r4 you can keep the oem shift linkage setup but you'll have to tweak the rod some and move the engine about 3/4" farther forward. I'm running a 305 with 700r4 in my 88 S10 Blazer with the stock crossmember and driveshaft, and shift on the column. V-belt setup with LWP and 3 core rad in the stock location. My water pump pulley bolts are about 1/2" away from the rad. I have dual 12" fans pushing air from the front. Logged over 50,000 miles since I put it together. The 4l60e needs a trans controller to operate, 700r4 doesn't. I have the Hedman shorties on mine and they fit great. Also I always tell everybody go with the 153 tooth flywheel and matching starter (mid 80's Camaro), it gets it in closer to the block and away from header heat. You might also trim the ears off the trans bellhousing while it's easy to access. It doesn't hurt anything and gives you a little extra clearance for linkages and exhaust.
Myself is offline   Reply With Quote