View Single Post
Old 10-22-2022, 09:33 PM   #16
Arne

Re: '64 C-10 Stalled Project Rescue

This week's box o'parts arrived today (one day late due to yet another FedEx screw up), and it is rewarding to plug in new, proper wiring and see things begin to work properly. While I still have some final wire routing and securing yet to do, I now have pretty much all the lights working—tail, brake, parking, all turn signals, and the low beam head lights. No high beams yet, I failed to notice that the dimmer switch had been bypassed by a PO at some point, and will remain so until I get around to getting a new switch. I have not installed the new main under-dash harness and fuse box yet, nor the new engine harness pre-configured for HEI. The new turn signal switch is installed, and works and cancels properly.

I also bought and installed some new stainless tailgate chains.

Thinking ahead, soon I'm going to need to deal with the choke. The little 5 liter V8 has an Edelbrock #1405 (600CFM with manual choke). Existing choke cable is useless, so I'm trying to decide whether to convert to electric choke, or to get a new cable assembly for it. I'm torn—an electric choke seems civilized and user-friendly, but leaves an empty hole in the gauge bezel.

Any thoughts on which choke I should go with? Bear in mind that at some point I will need to sell this truck, so future sale-ability is key.

覧覧覧覧覧覧

Last edited by Arne; 12-15-2022 at 01:10 AM.
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote