View Single Post
Old 04-20-2023, 09:01 PM   #10
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Re: What is best to put on threads of the plug to the master brake cylinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyguyase View Post
It's just a cap (lid) there should be no pressure on the lid. Don't fill it to the top. when you press down on the brake pedal the fluid level will go down a little and when you let up on the pedal the fluid will return to the reservoir. The lid should just be "snugged" up. it may even have a tiny vent hole in it. Watch this YouTube video. you can go to the 23.00 min mark when he puts the top plate and cap on it.
https://youtu.be/igZgswGAvi8
That is about like mine and maybe just like mine .. I did not see a rubber O ring ,,the plug looks just like mine ,, maybe the rubber O ring was already on the Plug ..my plug or cap as you call it has a hole from underneath that goes up inside the plug and then out the side of it .. if you full the cylinder to full and put the plug in,, then push the brake peddle it will pump brake fluid out the hole in the side of the plug.. I realize the hole is to let air in when you pump the brake .. good video ,, thx I will take the plug and start over and maybe use a bigger O ring or something.