View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 07:12 PM   #27
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Thumbs up Re: Carb to Fuel Pump Hard Line [Leak at Fuel Pump]

Holy No Leaks Batman!

UPS dropped off the Copper Flare Washers from Grainger and I just got them installed. I barely snugged them down and it appears to be dry as a bone! I started her up and let the engine run for about 10 minutes or so, which the first few minutes was on choke. I am going to let the gas dry out around the engine compartment and when it's not raining do a quick around the block test. Silly I am thinking, this is working?? Ha!

Posting some photos of my line and washers. The 1st one is just the line and I am trying to show what I think is a hump/seam line. It was a lot worse before I wet sanded it with 500 and 2000 grit sandpaper. Before I sanded I could see a hump on the lip of the flare - perhaps this was some of my problem or perhaps that is normal, heck if I know.

The next two are just showing the washer next to the line and the washer setting on top of the line. I put the washer into the fuel pump and into the inlet of the Qjet Carburetor. When I put them on and wrenched it, I really assumed I'd have to give it a little more but no, there was no leak on my first try. Though I did give it a bit more, since I was sure I was too "lite" with tightening them down. But that is still light years away what I was doing yesterday.

Many thanks dmjlambert! Really, I cannot thank you enough - it's like I need to send you money or something LOL
Attached Images

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote