View Single Post
Old 03-30-2021, 04:04 PM   #32
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Re: Carb to Fuel Pump Hard Line [Leak at Fuel Pump]

Okay, one of the things I talked about in this thread was my short 3-line Fuel Pump. Back when I first tried to get my truck from my brother in Kilgore we ended up replacing the Fuel Pump (long story short, it was trash in the tank NOT the pump). Whilst every parts site says I need a "long" 3-line pump, mine has a shorter one (which comes up for a 73+ C10 350 or even a 72 350 Suburban). So I decided to get a new one today after getting fed up with the "new" one and it's super annoying ticking.

Got one from Lockhart NAPA, Delphi #DFP MF0002 (which I think is ACDelco / GM's part source). It more or less looks like the one I took off but rather than the lower can being brass-like colored, it is more stainless of a color. The one I took off, I think is a Carter or at least it has a Carter part number stamped on the side - #M6626. Then under that number it has 20048 listed.

1. The Delphi MF0002 has no clickety-clack. Man, I hated that sound on the "old" one!
2. I seem to have a better / stable idle.
3. When just putting along and hardly giving/touching the pedal it so much smoother as the RPMs reach shifting time. I have had a odd power like loss at low RPMs - unless I was giving a bit more pedal.

Number 2 and 3 above are total bonus changes in operation, I wasn't aware I needed a new fuel pump but I suppose at low RPM the M6626 pump wasn't giving steady fuel? Eh, I don't know but ~$25 bucks for this Delphi DFP MF0002 was well worth twice that cost to just getting rid of the gosh darn ticking!

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote