View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 09:28 AM   #742
regan wilson

Re: Ok Boys and Girls it's Storytime

Well I got back from Houston last night. I went down Thursday and just spent the day getting ready and visiting with my racer friends. We had a paid test and tune Friday morning until 3pm and then went into our first official time trial. The truck was horrible! It was sideways in the burnouts and the 60ft was all over the place. After we got done I decided to make a big 4-link adjustment. Without any scales you don't know the weights but I had to do something. I took the anti-roll loose and loosened up the top bar on the 4-link. I got in the seat and had Ken turn it till it was dead neutral with me in the seat. Then I got back there and put some pre-load in it and tightened the bar down where I guessed might work. Then I got back in the seat and Ken set my anti-roll. We had two more time trials Saturday morning and first round that afternoon. The truck did better after the adjustments and the 60fts were more predictable. I made it through first round Saturday afternoon so that was an accomplishment. lol Friday we had a tail wind all day but Saturday it was a 15 mph headwind. Everybody was lost and I lost a full tenth and 5mph from the wind change. Sunday morning it was cool and the wind changed again for the better. I won a close double break out second round. Third round my opponent was a little off the index and slowed down with them and took .005 of stripe at the finish line for the win. Fourth round I got treed .008 to.017 and gave up the stripe by .01 for the loss. He was 10.906 to my 10.909 so there wasn't enough room for me to win if I had have taken the stripe. All in all I had a good weekend. I may be going to St Louis in two weeks but I'll have to wait and make a decision on that next week.