View Single Post
Old 03-24-2022, 05:17 PM   #126
mr.mud1

Re: 1972 Cheyenne Super coming apart to go back together

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDeezl View Post
Nice work on the patch Greg .... won't take much of a skim of mud at all to smooth it out. Your attention to detail is amazing but your patience is next level sir!
No doubt your vital signs must have been heading north up until you found out it was the starter. Yikes -->> phewff!
thanks,it was a battle but I may win?i just about had a heart attack when I started the engine and it sounded like a cat was caught in the fan belt?it started a 100 times,never a problem til then?i bought a new starter cause the original was still working with 1 bolt missing from the solenoid switch,the top of the solenoid burnt right through from living under the exhaust manifold and the brushes worn right down to the screws that hold them in place.the last thing I expected was for the new starter to misbehave?anyhow it seems fine with a few shims,i had it running several times today and once for a long while to get it warm enough to get the the break-in oil out and new fresh oil in.it's all good.i have some welding to do on a customers car so the next time I get to the truck,i'll start on the patch on the other side.i'm hoping for a 1 shot deal,we'll see?take care.Greg
mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote