View Single Post
Old 05-01-2022, 01:21 PM   #143
mr.mud1

Re: 1972 Cheyenne Super coming apart to go back together

well i'm just fooling around putting in time til my appointment at the body shop on May 9th.the heater controls had a broken top lever so i bought the repair lever kit to fix it and decided i'd get that crossed off the list,as is the case with most things i do,i seem to have to do a couple times til i'm satisfied with the result.i got my size 12 hands up into a size 6 hole and got the controls out and on the bench,dismantled everything,changed the lever,and put it back together,lubed all the cables and re-installed it all.the lever that i changed didn't move smooth and the little plastic guide bushings,because of the slop in the lever,wouldn't stay in the track?so it came back apart today,i put it back on the bench and studied the situation for a bit and came up with a little brace to apply just a little pressure against the lever,taking out the slop and making sure the pins and bushings stay where they're supposed to.i love it when a plan comes together.i started the engine,it hadn't run in several weeks so i ran it til it warmed up,everything is looking good,body shop on the 9th,can't wait.
Attached Images

mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote