View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 09:18 AM   #41
Davidf

Re: LS Swap: Introduction, newbie, planning...

Any particular year of S10? I want the factory cable look, so Lokar is out. I have heard a bicycle brake cable will work, might try that.

As for an update on my project, with the help of my three sons, we got the front clip reinstalled and adjusted. A bit of collatteral damage as the inner fender snagged the front brake line coming off the distribution block and broke the pipe. And, some chipped paint under the cowl (no one will see it, but I know it there). Surprised how small that front brake line is 3/16". But, it will be an easy task to bend up and flare a new line.

Also, one of the transmission cooler pipes got pinched under the inner fender. We kinked it trying to get it out from under the liner. Not a big deal as the radiator side of the Tahoe lines had a lot of bends that wont work. Instead of re-bending the 3/8" lines, I cut them just in front of the engine and will use new 3/8" lines bent how I like them and connect to the radiator with an adapter fitting (BLF-18) that reduces the 3/8" line (5/8" inverted flare nut) to 1/2" inverted flare

Last edited by Davidf; 06-09-2021 at 10:19 AM.
Davidf is offline   Reply With Quote