View Single Post
Old 08-02-2021, 09:43 AM   #49
Davidf

Re: LS Swap: Introduction, newbie, planning...

New update:

Decided to have the exhaust shop tackle the leaking rear main seal. Turns out the crank has radial movement and the new seal still leaks, but not as bad. But, the new exhaust sounds pretty good, maybe a little on the quiet side (Flowmaster 50 series). Only thing they did wrong was choke (dent) left side pipe due to shifter linkage interference...

So, engine runs good but looses oil pressure when hot. My assumption is worn out crank bearings (probably cause of radial crank movement...you can see flywheel move when spinning).

Another problems is that my cruise control does not work. Used normally open controller with polarity reversing relays. When I push the set button, I can hear the relay...but nothing happens.

So, started my search for a replacement used engine. Don't feel like rebuilding what I have. So, how do you ensure you get a good used engine...pure luck? Thinking of taking my bore scope to salvage yards and peaking under the valve cover...if clean then winner winner chicken dinner.

Last edited by Davidf; 08-02-2021 at 02:28 PM.
Davidf is offline   Reply With Quote