View Single Post
Old 02-20-2022, 12:34 AM   #9
61hawk

Re: Electric power steering pump for retrofit?

Most likely, unfortunately just about everything I have found is drifters, which is surprising. Even the guy at Pull-A-Part was looking for one for his drifting car. I didn't even know that was a thing around here. My truck is bare from the firewall forward so I don't have a clue where to try and mount this. I was even thinking that there may be space in front of the radiator support but don't know.

My truck is a little different, it's mostly stock but I'm going with a 331 Hemi and Torqueflite 727 transmission... just because I had both laying around from a previous project that I lost interest in and sold the car. This truck was started about 14 years ago... and then lost interest in it for about 10 years and have just recently started back on it. If I had to do it over I'd probably look into dumping an LS engine into it.

I started out planning on going with regular power steering until I couldn't find a P/S mount for my engine. Then I was set on going full electric power steering, I even started looking at it again hard the past few weeks and have been talking to Flaming River. Then I saw this thread about Volvo electric motors so now I'm thinking about taking my manual box off the truck and putting the power steering box back on. Since I had everything else and I was able to get the rookie at the checkout who rang it up as a regular P/S pump I got it for $25 + $4 core charge plus tax so I only have about $35 into it. Who brings a core back to Pull-A-Part, and why would they want it?

Last edited by 61hawk; 02-20-2022 at 12:44 AM.
61hawk is offline   Reply With Quote