View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 01:41 PM   #5
Asphalt

Re: 1971 4x4 Blazer CST

I went and looked at that truck. It's in Harrisburg PA. The Torsion (rocker boxes) had been cut out when the floor was repaired years ago. It needs Torsion boxes, inner and outer rockers, inner rear fenders, doors and the top or the windshield is completely rotted out. Doors don't line up because the body looks to be sagging from the lack of torsion boxes. Double walled top had several coats of Rustoleum on it. I can go on but what's the point.

The upside is it's a true one owner truck with a great story. The seller was a gentleman, it was his hunting truck. Original engine, (swapped the heads in the late 70 which is a plus) original tranny and transfer case. Very original. (original inner fenders even) But very rough.

The downside is the bodyshop that did the floors should be shot for their work. Paint color isn't even close, they welded the rockers to the floors so there is no lip for the weatherstrip which doesn't matter since you would need to cut the floors out to install torsion boxes. Also they sprayed rocker schutz all over the floors.

This one would be a body off labor of love for someone who was much braver/crazier than me who wants an original appearance truck. OR you could cut out the rockers and weld in some rock sliders and have fun making a off road rig. But if you take the top off it as it sits you will never close the doors again unless you jack up a floor jack in the middle of the truck.

If you want a concours truck your money is better spend elsewhere.
Asphalt is offline   Reply With Quote