View Single Post
Old 02-01-2021, 12:42 PM   #73
Thealien

Re: AM I wrong in being disappointed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K5Fan View Post
WOW!!! That is going to be so sweet!

I know your profile says "East Coast", but I also think I saw where you are in Boston? If that's right, something to do with The Baston (Or however you pronounce it up there) Blue Build? I'm in Charleston SC and I have friends from Boston, and that is the way they pronounce it. I'll keep thinking. Where did you get the LS Connect and Cruise Conversion Kit? I guess that means that it comes with the harness and computer? I would think so. I have a 4X4 4 speed manual tran with 1st gear being the granny gear, but I guess that wherever you got it can tell me what kind of short shaft tranny I would need and if I need to change out my transfer case and differential gears. I want to do something like that some day, but for now we will just cruise the coast. I hear the big Red Drum are running in the Outer Banks, so maybe I'll use the Granny after all.

Chris.
If you click the link at the bottom of my post that says 4L60 to NP 205. Of course that is for an automatic to the transfer case. But advance adapters has lots of conversion parts for mating different transmissions to the NP 205.

With that being said if I was going to do a another 4 x 4 blazer I would take a complete pull out driveline transfer case and all. The problem with that is the transfer case drops on the driver side as opposed to the passenger side. The Automatic transmissions are kind of built for that side drop. I had to dimple the pan when I did mine to keep it on the passenger side. As I said if I was to do it today I would swap to a driver side drop Dana 44 possibly out of a Ford.
Thealien is offline   Reply With Quote