View Single Post
Old 04-26-2021, 01:11 PM   #16
daveshilling

The Door Closes!

Yesterday I spent some time on the driver door itself. The bottom hinge nuts were all cracked and pulled forward, so I hammered those flat, drilled out the cracks, and welded them all. The lower hinge pocket itself was also slightly mislocated due to some deformation on the door side, so I hammered that flat again as well.

I also spent some time fixing the seam damage cause by Farmer Browns hammer and a previously mis-aligned door. It's not perfect but it's better.

After raising the cab-to-hinge height to it's maximum setting, I put the door on and the gaps were spot-on right away... I couldn't believe it. I adjusted the pillar striker as far inward as possible and it now closes solidly with no jiggling.

A week of work and we have a door! Now I have to fix the fender, and its on to the passenger door.

Am I doing this backwards? It doesn't even run yet, no brakes... and here I am doing bodywork.

I also took a scotch-brite to one of the inner fenders to see if I could clean it up... and it looks awesome! Worn but presentable, just how I like em.
Attached Images

daveshilling is offline   Reply With Quote