View Single Post
Old 01-23-2024, 10:10 AM   #1095
SCOTI

Re: Project: Recycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunschweiger View Post
You've been hard working, the Camino looks good, congratulations on the sale.
It's nice that you got the Model A on the road,
I've now found time to continue working on mine,
I'm currently replacing the roof wooden construction with steel in order to install the sliding ragtop
Nice. I ultimately want a Coupe. I like the rareness of the Cabriolet but I'd like to do more mods & the Cabriolet is still mostly unmolested (everything done so far can easily be reversed). I'd like to go a little lower in the rear which requires cutting into the body. Coupes are more plentiful so that's the direction we'll go.

Not sure if a coupe will stay 4-banger or if I'll opt for a mid-50's hotrod vibe & utilize a newer V8 for the simplicity/power per dollar invested. The Cabriolet has the OE non-synchronized 3spd w/a Mitchell OD. It works well & allows you to go 65-70mph w/o much fuss but after enough miles I know a later 5spd would yield a much better driving experience.

I have an early 60's high-nickel content 350 block w/virgin bores that I bought from N2billet so it will likely be that sbc w/the NV3500 out of my old '90 (since it got a 5.3/4l60e swap).
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote