View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 06:27 PM   #3
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Re: Hydroboost brake setup questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg69 View Post
I have a chance to get a hydroboost setup from an '82 1 ton dually. I have built a solid roller cammed 468 BBC for my '69 shortstep (in sig below) and the hydroboost will afford me the luxury of not having to worry about vacuum for power brakes. Here's my setup so far, I'm just wondering if anyone has any experiece or can shed any light on this mix of parts:

I'm using '73-up CPP spindles with drilled slotted 1.25" rotors, POL D52 style dual pistons calipers in front. In the rear, I have a 12 bolt rear with Glocks' adapter brackets using '97 Camaro rear disc calipers (single piston PBR) with '96 Impala drilled/slotted rotors.

For the engine, I'm using a serpentine setup from an '88 dually (7.4L, Mark IV) and I have the pump and all the accessories from this setup. Can I use the hydroboost from the '82 dually with the serpentine style power steering pump? Would I be better off finding a hydroboost setup from an '88-90 dually instead? I understand this may be a question better suited for the 73-87 section, I just wanted to see if anyone here could shed any light on this. Thanks in advance for any help offered.
You should use the same year pump as booster.

This may be of some use
http://www.thehollisterroadcompany.com/hydroboost.html
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote