Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 01:20 PM   #106
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsd66C20 View Post
I believe I read somewhere on this site that the original engine compartment color was black satin. I did the my engine compartment with POR-15, and the satin looks pretty good.

Any update on the your 700R4? I've just gotten mine mounted, but not running yet. Would be interested in your experience in getting it operational. I bought mine from Bowtie Overdrive....you may want to download their installation manual for all of TV setup, and pre-drive checks.
After the Por 15 I rattle canned it with high gloss and didn't like it at all, I then re-sprayed it rattle can with satin and it looks much better. Especially since I didn't take everything apart, smooth it out with body filler etc....

I have been gone for a week fishing...yeah I know but you gotta take a li time away...Went to Lake Fork, Texas to fish. Had a great time....but not much was done on the truck. Have a family gathering this weekend but am gonna get on it full bore next week.

My brother in law, Randy, builds transmissions for a living so he is building me a 700R4 to save me some money, which is always good...last one he built for me was in an 85 chevy pickup...had over 500k miles on it and still going strong.

I am hoping by next weekend that the motor and tranny will be set in it and ready to fire it up.....but am STILL waiting on the gasket set for the heater so I can put it back together......
Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote