Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 09:20 PM   #117
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

Well today my intent was to set the motor back in the truck..notice I said intent...Little did I know that I own a Super Rare truck that no one carries parts for....those super secret parts like MOTOR MOUNTS..>Really no one carries motor mounts these days....So kinda hard to set the motor back in with no motor mounts.

Mike sent me some pictutres of his motor for reference and has been great at helping me with some of the harder parts that I need like the water pump bypass hose fitting which is an 87 degree fitting and things like that...Ironically no one at any parts store locally has a clue about anything that does not come up on their computer screen.

Tomorrow I am going to Summitt Racing in Atlanta in hope of finding some of tehse super rare parts ( motor mounts) plug wires etc....hopefully my trip will be worth its since its about 2 hrs from me.

So I decided to paint the script after I put everything on the motor I could. The results were mixed and I'm unsure if I will keep them as they are or sand it down and start over...I know its not a show truck and I'm gonna drive it but I do want it to look right when the hood is opened.

So the first couple of pics are my hand with a brush and paint...I tried to use a paint pen at first and that simply wasn't working...so I tried a brush...lets just say that my hand is not as steady as it once was.....After that I decided to try and tape the script off and spray it with rattle can paint....It turned out ok...if you can call it that put it was thicker than the other side and some did run under the tape.....

So my choices are to leave it be, try and tape the side I didn't to make them match a little better or simple blast them clean again and start over......but anyways here are some pics of what I did today.....
Attached Images

Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote