View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 02:20 AM   #151
Richard

Re: Restomod 72 K10 "Good Memories"

Received the new oil pan. Good price and great service from Summit again! Free shipping and got it in less than two days. Supposed to receive 7 boxes full of front suspension components tomorrow, will see as UPS has been somewhat unreliable lately.
As you can see motor is set in place! Moved crossmember forward for first fit. Have plenty of room to slide it back 1". Headers fit well. Very minor clearancing on frame rails was needed. Passenger side header would need reworking if I was using the leafs as it barely interferes with the shackle.
Had to throw the engine cover on to see what it looks like in truck. Passenger pic shows clearance to firewall. I was thinking I would need to modify firewall due to others saying my headers hit.
For those that are interested. Last pic shows PacFab crossmember clearance to diff at stock ride height with stock springs. Think it sits about 1/2" higher due to the aluminum block though. Guessing stock springs have sagged bit. For me this issue has no bearing at all. Easy to see why they recommend a 2" lift. Lowering bump stops would be necessary as well.
Test fit the new master and adjustable proportioning valve as well. Blew something out in my knee today and it is as big as my thigh. May be a few days before I get the trans mount done start the trans mods.
Attached Images

Last edited by Richard; 06-23-2021 at 03:38 AM.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote