View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 09:09 PM   #21
Jimbabwe

Re: PB bagged 69 stepside-because Leon asked...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 502ms View Post
WOW!!

What an awesome, super bit of information! Thank you so much! I have been out for the last few days, so I missed this post! I thank you for sharing such detailed information and pictures. I would love to know how your ride is before I pull the trigger...I guess I will be fine, as what I am trying to accomplish is making room for big meats and still lay it out. The way my frame is in the rear, I can air completely out and not scrape anything...it is mostly the front end that is laying on the ground
Thanks!
You may just need the narrowing of your rear and that's it. I can tell you that I think I'm going to be a little less than an inch off the ground unless I lose those adapter/spacers (and adjust the BS on my next wheels accordingly) or think about a slightly narrower tire, or lower profile. The tire hits the cut bedside, which is just below that center bolt holding the fender on, but there's still an 1 1/4" of space to be had but cutting up right to the top of the inside of the fender. I went with what RustSpot had done, but his 22's with a 295/30 tire are a hair smaller in overall diameter than my combo, so that little bit extra helps get all the way down.
I can't wait to drive this thing, and I'll give a full report!
Jimbabwe is offline   Reply With Quote