View Single Post
Old 02-23-2020, 01:29 AM   #38
Bigdually

Re: 1986 S10 Daily Driver Rollover Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
"Mystery leak" would suggest otherwise

Odd thing was the leak is from the bottom of the case, I think where the battery was too wide and vibrated for a long time over the edge of the battery tray. Have a proper group 78 unit in there now with 800 CCA.

Worked on it for several hours today (Saturday) and got lots done. Reverse lights work now, had to wire my transmission reverse switch to the wiring that was inside the cab that used to go to the auto column. Switched over the brake light switch from the old auto pedal assembly to the manual one to make the brake lights work. Rewired all my aftermarket guages and my electric fan setup too. Hooked up and adjusted the parking brakes, and set on the front clip.

The new front clip was in really good shape, except the passenger inner fender and the battery tray were rotted. My old front end had a good inner and tray, so I did the old swaperoo and now the whole front clip on the truck is solid. Fenders need a shim on the top bolts, but I didn't have any so I'll have to adjust that later.

There were lots of wires and plumbing and cables to route, and they're all tucked away nicely now, I just have to bolt on the hood and stick in my LED headlights from before, then the bezels. Inside I need to pick the best floor mat and put that in and then bolt in my red seat because it's far more comfortable. Then it's door and window seals. As it sits now it moves on its own power. I need to bleed the brakes again, they're a tad soft, but otherwise everything works!
Attached Images