View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 11:32 PM   #11
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: '67-'72 Power Brake Booster Bracket With Hydraulic Clutch Conversion

There are 2 ways to go about this. One would be to slightly elongate the booster mounting holes in the booster bracket to accept your '72 booster. This would move the booster much closer to the firewall for a cleaner look. With this option, you will have to lengthen the booster pushrod to reach the pedal. This can easily be done by joining the booster pushrod to the pushrod from the pedal, once they are trimmed to the correct length. Second option would be that I can send you the base bracket without the booster mounts welded to it. Then you can sandwich the base bracket between your factory booster brackets and the firewall. Will you want this in bare steel or satin black powder coat? Let me know which way you would like to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric8 View Post
Man this is exactly what I've been waiting for and really like the way you made the clutch linkage coming from the pedal. I'm kinda torn though because I just paid big money to have the original OE power brake Delco booster rebuilt and cad plated so I want to keep it. And as you pointed out, it has a bolt pattern is specific to a 72 model.

All I'm needing this for is to take the headache out of engineering the hydraulic clutch setup for a T56 swap. Any way you make me a kit with your bracket modified to just serve as a clutch mc mount? Something like what's pictured? Pleeeease??
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote