View Single Post
Old 02-13-2021, 10:42 PM   #87
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Re: Timing & Gas Milage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich72C10 View Post
I also got in the mail today the replacement Vacuum Canister from TSP. This thing won't hold vacuum either. I have to keep pumping just to get near 15 - I think it leaks more then the one on my TSP distributor!

The Pertronix I pre-tested to 15hg can it held that for well over a hour. I guess I am glad I went with a new distributor.

With the Pertronix I am getting ~17hg (up from ~15hg) vacuum when the engine is running at idle. So I ganged a good 1~2hg with the new distributor.

I also swear my oil pressure is running to normal levels of my stock gauge - before I'd always seem to be at the 2/3 to near H mark on the oil gauge (especially before warm up). Though I haven't any clue why a new distributor would make a difference with the oil gauge readings. Kind of scares me that the oil gauge reading pattern changed. Though it's not like it is ever reading to the L mark (far left) of the gauge.
Maybe the original (and the replacement) diaphragm had a bleed hole to keep fresh air in there? Yeah, probably not.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote