Thread: pdx-sanity66
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2024, 02:05 PM   #1045
pdxhall

Re: pdx-sanity66

Well, I missed the C10 club meet up last Saturday but I finally got the cooling fan issue resolved. I put in a new controller and relays and checked and replaced any connectors that were needed. I changed the controller power circuit. I found there was a problem with the trigger power to the controller. I still didn't work. I had dual 30 amp fuses between the battery and the relays that have been in the setup since I first put the system together. I measured the voltage at the exit of the fuse block to the relays and there was 12v so I thought voltage to the relays was good. I was WRONG. Even though I measured 12v it must have been weak. I removed the fuses and wired the relays directly to the battery and that did it. It all works now. So today I'll get to cleaning up and make everything pretty again. This has been an incredible difficult job trying to get to where I could get under the dash. There's not alot of room to get under there. I removed the steering wheel and proceeded to contort myself to reach things. It certainly doesn't work well being 6'1", 210 lbs, and too big of hands to try to get in where I needed to.
I am SO glad it's done. This 72-year-old body is really feeling it right now.

I've Done So Much, With So Little, For So Long, That Now I Can Do Anything With Nothing.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote