Thread: 47-55.1 Chopped Trucks
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 10:51 PM   #129
mr48chev

Re: Chopped Trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Ashley View Post
Somehow that truck just doesn't work for me. It has a lot of nice work on it but the paint, the chop, and the wheels all together just don't look right. Maybe someone with $35K will disagree with me and take it home.
I'd say paint is 70 % of what won't fly for most folks and will be a real deal killer for a lot of guys who could afford the truck. Not the colors and not the combination but the design that they were put on with. The "rims" while you can change them easy enough are on the super gaudy side and just like the paint are 100 percent love or hate.

Still buy that truck, take it a thousand miles or more from where it calls home base and you stand a pretty good chance of winning a few awards over the next rod run/car show/cruise night season.

As far as I know it has never been in big time show coverage, never been featured in a magazine and is not so connected to the ower nationally that you always get the "hey you are the guy who bought _______'s old truck. The kind of thing you would get if you bought Youngrodder's truck. Every car freak an truck guy in the world knows that truck and it will be connected to him no matter who might own it.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote