View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 09:47 PM   #70
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: Keep Your Cool! Vintage Air Sure Fit Install in a 67 C-10

Here was my least favorite part of the whole install. I dislike cable installs, but it needs to be done.

When you look at the A/C control unit normally (right side up inside the cab) the heat/defrost lever is at the top with the A/C/heat lever in the middle, and the temperature lever on the bottom.

When looking at my pictures everything is upside down (the unit needs to be upside down when you install the cables, it's just easier that way )

So, starting at the bottom (the heat/defrost controls), install the medium length cable to the control unit leaving approximately 7/8" from the end of the black sheath the the center of the clip. You need to form the clamp around the cable, I did it with a flathead screwdriver and pair of pliers. Screw the clamp down tight and check to see that the unit can move freely in both directions. Also, I installed my cable's "eyes" so that the flat cable part was against the lever the the "coil" was away from the lever. Install the push on holder over the cable eye and move on to the next one

Next, install the middle lever (A/C/heat controls) using the short cable. It needs to be mounted with approximately 1 1/4" from the end of the black sheath to the center of the mounting clip. Follow same procedures as above. Check to make sure cable moves freely.

Lastly, install the top (bottom when right side up) temperature control cable (the longest cable) keeping approximately 3/4" from the end of the black sheath to the center of the clip. Follow same procedures as above. Check to make sure cable moves freely.

See page 7 of the VA directions for a better/more detailed description
Attached Images

1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!

Last edited by 67ChevyRedneck; 08-29-2007 at 09:49 PM.