View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 03:00 PM   #77
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: Keep Your Cool! Vintage Air Sure Fit Install in a 67 C-10

I should probably finish this huh?

Hmmm, what the heck was next?

Here's what your firewall will look like with the underdash unit installed in the cab and the firewall cover on.

Again, I'd like to stress that this may be easier to install with the cover off BUT don't forget to at least run the lines through the firewall cover and the cover that covers the firewall cover! If you don't you'll be cutting the cover or unhooking lines and putting them on again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
I forgot to take a picture of it, but you need to drill out the hole for the drain vent in the cab. You can see the 5/8" hole near the bottom center of the firewall cover, that's where it goes and where it needs to be drilled out.

It's difficult to drill from the inside of the engine bay with the inner fender in the way, so I used my dremel to drill out at pilot hole in the center, then from inside the cab, I was able to drill out the 5/8" hole. Make sure you center your first hole well, or you'll be drilling through the plastic cover....

*Note: You could put the cover on, mark the 5/8" vent hole, remove the cover, THEN drill it out so you don't mess up the plastic. Then you can install the cover with all the sealant as shown above.

Sorry, no pics on this one.
In this pic you can clearly see the drain hole that needs to be drilled near the bottom center of the cab. This is where the water will drain out of the cab.
Attached Images

1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!

Last edited by 67ChevyRedneck; 09-21-2007 at 03:07 PM.