View Single Post
Old 09-30-2020, 04:25 PM   #5
Southcity

Re: Fuel pump to carb fuel line ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geezer#99 View Post
You’ll need to make one.
Easy to do.
Geezer#99 is correct, creating your own line (bending/flaring) is very easy to do but will require you to purchase the specialized tools to do the job (flaring tool, bending tool) You may be reluctant to purchase the tools at first but you will be pleasantly surprised to find they come in handy often. My advice, spend a little extra $$ and get a quality flaring tool. You do not need to spend a lot on a bending tool and you will find there are many ways to bend line without one. You can make your own jig, use your hands, etc. I have found that aluminum fuel line works very well, it's lightweight and very easy to flare. You can purchase a roll from Summit or Jegs, it's cheap enough that you can make a few mistakes and have plenty left over for other projects. Another tip, use some small gauge wire or welding rod to help map out the route your line will take first, then use this as a reference when you bend your line. I used the Edelbrock single feed fuel line to start the job at the carb and finished it using aluminum fuel line and -6 AN fittings.