View Single Post
Old 04-25-2021, 01:23 AM   #1
Cadillac Kid

Recommended ball joints for a 1976 k20 Suburban?

Hello everyone. It took over 2 years of searching but I finally found my dream Suburban, I got it in August of 2019 and sadly I am just now starting to give it the love it needs. (Wasn't being irresponsible! Just couldn't work on it yet) I couldn't be more happy and grateful to have it.

I am going through all of the typical things needed from sitting. I just finished the back brakes and suspension, and soon I will be working on the front. The front suspension is in very good shape and doesn't have any signs of problems, but the original ball joints are old and the rubber boots have shrunk and cracked. I have to replace all of the U-joints anyways so I thought while it is apart I would put in all new ball joints. I did some researching a while ago and there are a lot of options for ball joints on the dana 44 with very mixed reviews. I want something that will last as long as possible and work well for daily driving and light off-roading. What are some good brands nowadays to be looking at? Also, would you get greaseable or sealed ball joints? The ones on there right now are sealed and they have lasted 66,000 miles... I am already dreading tearing into the front end so this is definitely not a job I want to have to do again.
Let me know what you think.

Thanks! Gavin

Here are some pictures just for fun,
Attached Images