View Single Post
Old 05-09-2021, 05:17 AM   #292
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

DVLA (DMV in the USA) has never disappointed or even peeed me off.

Yesterday that changed.

When I bought the private plate for the truck, the system stated to wait till the V750 paper copy came , and to then change it online, fit new number plates and inform insurance, toll gates etc.

So Friday I changed the number at the insurance company, and proceeded to try do it online....... nope.....this was the system response.

It seems there could be a specific meaning to the letter B in the box, as it asks for that specifically

So in the end after two tries, I went onto the online chat.

Ultimately, the not so chatty operative on the other side of the screen told me I should not have informed the insurance before completing the online changes.

Ohhh, but it declined me, then he replied that I need to do the processing via Royal Mail and send in the completed V5c and V750

So I ask you, What the Actual F@&£ ?

I am amazed, so they send you a document and then you need to send it back.

This efficient system so far, since buying the plate on 24 April, will now take another 2 to 4 weeks to process before I can actually use it.

I am both amazed and really pi$$£d all at the same time.

In my opinion the DVLA has certainly dropped the ball on this one.

After all that, Sally and I went to the garage to carry on with the raised sand pit for Harry.

Not too big, nd raised so that grown ups can join in, but as it will be on the patio, the lid will serve as a cover to keep local cats out and as a table top to use it when she is out there in the sun.

Frame for lid.

Floor in ally plate.

Bootfair today was hard work, my back really was not happy, and halfway through I walked back to the car with the stuff I had bought and actually sat in the car for about 7 minutes to wait for the sciatica or whatever, to release and then did the rest of the field.

Photo lies, it was really busy.

Short video below for the Americans.

CLICK LINK.

https://youtu.be/FZq85ycbm6I

I only made two purchases.

A bag full of used and new pan]t and papering brushes for £5.00

I know what some peoples first and second responses are..

The used large ones are actually cleaned very well and I checked them all.

Secondly, for me to pack away tools and work, close shop, and drive between 5 and 16 kilometres (3 to 10 miles) in my car, for even one brush, would actually cost me more than the £5.00 paid for the lot, and once I have used the brush, it would look the same after I washed and cleaned it.

And then 4 rolls of Ducktape for £7.00 the seller actually gave me £4.00 in change back but the honest guy in me (he is a real idiot) told the seller and gave a £1.00 back.

Again, cheap enough and my last roll is almost finished.

Next up, I am off to the garage to use one of my new brushes to paint the first coat on the sandpit/table.

Weather looks OK today.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote