Thread: 47-55.1 55.1 S10 swap Gypsum
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2022, 11:03 PM   #43
joedoh

Re: 55.1 S10 swap Gypsum

Booooiiiing!

i backed up my 2500hd and jacked the s10 frame to the flatbed, then put a jack under the control arms. i lifted the flatbed at least 4" before the lower arm moved at all. once i had the pressure of the spring on the jack I took off the lower balljoint nut and let the jack out slow.

but the jack went all the way down and the spring was still pushing. I threw a loop of chain through it and pried a little from the relative safety of the flatbed. BOING! even with the chain looped through it, it flew into the yard!

these were sold as lowering springs for S10, thats what the part number came back as. here is a comparison of a 3" belltech to this 3" amazon.

replacing them was simple with the right spring, now there is oodles of travel and the truck is MUCH lower.

its going to rain tonight so i got the front end and hood just thrown on loosely to push inside.

i got more done but there is a 5 picture attachment limit. the hood is on and i am doing the final trim on the front sheetmetal. i want this done by sunday so more tomorrow!
Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote