View Single Post
Old 08-13-2020, 08:01 PM   #601
SCOTI

Re: Ok Boys and Girls it's Storytime

Quote:
Originally Posted by regan wilson View Post
Well Guys I'm sorry for no response. I went to Tulsa the truck seemed to be running well considering the weather conditions. It was hot as Hell but that's the way it goes. I messed it up first round but it was a good thing I just didn't know it yet. I had been seeing a little metallic and magnetic granules of metal on my oil filter screen. Come to find out it was eating inner valve springs. I had to wait a week for a piece for my valve spring tool. When I pulled the #2 intake spring the inner spring ( triple spring ) it was broken in four pieces. Then I started looking at the valve. It was getting chewed up on the stem. So I had to pull the motor and pull the heads.Then I took them to Slick Rick's for a tune up.
I got the motor back together and thrashed to get it in and get the truck running. We went to one of the oldest tracks around to test last weekend to test. I made a couple hits but couldn't get down the track. I'm loaded and ready to go to Extreme Raceway Park (XRP) just south of Dallas Tx tomorrow.
We're just going to do a little testing then the goal is Bowling Green Kentucky at the end of the month.
What's the timing for Friday @ Extreme? Are they hosting an event or just a show-up & go thing?
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote