View Single Post
Old 09-01-2020, 06:55 AM   #615
regan wilson

Re: Ok Boys and Girls it's Storytime

Well I got back from my adventure in San Antonio Sunday. We were supposed to test on Thursday at 1pm. That got moved to 4pm. I made two passes and the truck was running good right at 153 on the index. They had a Super Comp Dragster lose its brakes and run off the end of the track. That incident ended T&T for the evening. So we moved into the real Time Trials for the race on Friday. That came to a halt when Top Dragsters were pulling up chunks of asphalt on the top end of the track. The our Division Director decided to run us 1/8th mile. I'm going like how the hell do I do that? I run 7.60 to 7.70 on 10.90. The 1/8th mile index is 6.90. I went to bed and all I could think of was how in the hell I'm going to make this work. So I had to speed it up off the line and take a ton of numbers out of my throttle timer. Saturday morning we start over. I go 7.10 at 123 first pass. I made more adjustments and went 6.80 at 123.The 3rd and last pass I was 6.88 at 122. So maybe I can make it work!
The left lane was horrible so first round everyone stacked up in the right. My friend from Tyler Billy Hughes was behind me and he was the last guy I wanted to run. He has been tearing them up in the 7.0 class at Prescott Raceway in Oklahoma. Well they pull up next to me and I knew he would be tough. He was .023 on the tree and 6.902 I was .001 and was down there hard on the brakes for a 6.91 at only 115 to take .0078 of finish line for the Win. We got postponed again to run second round Sunday morning. What do I do wrong ? The sun was in my eyes and I got out of my routine. I go up there and stage but forgot to turn on my delay box. I went to deck the throttle and rolled the beams. I haven't done anything like that in 20 years.
Maybe I can do better at the Tx Motorplex Double Sept. 17th.