Thread: 47-55.1 Four-link questions
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 03:50 PM   #7
TX3100Guy

Re: Four-link questions

I don't know if you guys are reading my mind or if I'm reading yours. My question on the four-link was one of general interest and frankly I'm a bit bored while the engine is off for rebuilding and the metal bed is off being painted by my buddy.

But since you guys raised so many good points, I thought I'd show you how much of what you suggested has already been done.

Name:  IMG_5019.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  79.1 KB

Name:  IMG_5020.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  112.3 KB

I've already installed a new under frame dual circuit master cylinder (electric hydraulic pump, frame mounted, along with four wheel disk brakes. The new master has built in proportioning valves.

The previous owner had the frame sand blasted and powder coated.

I've also added new leaf springs (the four-link was just a thought) and moved the fuel tank from behind the bench seat (Ralph Nader is happy now) and moved it under the bed.

The truck already has a front sway bar and I've tried a couple of off the shelf rear sway bars but they interfere with the Halibrand quick change rear diff on the truck (installed by previous owner). I also added an electric power steering setup on an Ididit steering column, but its connected to the factory steering box (which I serviced).

I've also installed a new wiring harness (Classic Upgrade from American Autowire) and added water proof connectors for all front and rear electrical components.

I think I've previously mentioned that the truck has a Vertex magneto and a McCulloch supercharger (from a 57 Studebaker Golden Hawk) so its a rather unique vehicle. There is zero chance that I'm going to be racing it but will just enjoy it at car shows, runs to O'Reily's, and out with the granddaughter when she can find the time away from school, boy friend, and her phone.....

Name:  IMG_5021.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  110.4 KB

Name:  IMG_5022.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  110.9 KB

PS. Almost forgot the Vintage Air system.

Name:  IMG_4581.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  75.0 KB

My 1953 Chevy Work-In-Process Photo Gallery

"I don't have a carbon footprint, I drive everywhere."
TX3100Guy is offline   Reply With Quote