View Single Post
Old 10-02-2020, 11:35 AM   #64
Dead Parrot

Re: Problems buying from gmachinz Jabin Wood?

Quote:
Originally Posted by texxxan View Post
It does suck. I'm pretty sure I'm going to lose here. Now, I will do everything I can to smut his name and ensure that people are at least aware of his habits.
I would be careful with this approach. It could open you to some type of defamation lawsuit from him and make matters even worse for you. A better approach is file a fraud complaint with your local law enforcement. If he is in a different state, file a 2nd complaint with the Attorney General in his state. Make sure you have also filed a "Failed to Deliver" complaint with Paypal. Not just a refund request but an actual thing that says "I paid but never received product." complaint. You seem to have a fair number of screen shots to back your complaint. Paypal many still hide behind the F&F TOS to avoid refunding your money but at least you will be on official record with your complaint. Keep track of what you do on the odd chance the harness shows up at some future point. You will want to delete/amend the complaints to reflect the new status.

At some point, move on and accept the fact the money is gone. I lost ~$70 on a kickstarter years ago. Despite many promises over a couple of years, the product was only delivered to few of several hundred backers. Even those lucky enough to get something were often disappointed with the quality. This hasn't kept me from backing many other KS since and none of the others have gone bad.