View Single Post
Old 09-02-2021, 11:38 PM   #15
mr48chev

Re: Full replacement chassis: No Limit/other --54pu

Flipped the photos.

I'm going to stomp on some toes and maybe hurt some feelings here and so be it. DO NOT ASSUME THAT SOMEONE ASKING A QUESTION HAS THE SKILLS AND RESOURCES TO FOLLOW YOUR DO IT YOUR SELF SUGGESTIONS.

One thing I want everyone to remember is that we have members of every skill level, resource level and available project time to do things. Do not automatically assume and suggest that just because you would do it yourself that they should be required to do everything themselves or they aren't truck builders.
When someone asks a simple "who makes the best" that should be taken as that they do not intend to build their own, Not our business to ask why.

The man asked our opinion and suggestions on available chassis and that is all we should mention. What we know is available and our opinion of it. Not what we would do. Saying that he has to build his own because we did is a way of browbeating him simply because he may not have the resources to build one but can well afford to buy one. And maybe all those hours in the shop welding are better spent watching a child or grandchild participate in a sports or other event as long after the truck is built the child will always remember if he was at their event or not.
Attached Images

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote