View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 02:46 PM   #36
landarts
landarts

Re: 71 K20 Idaho Edition

No progress on the truck in the last 3 days but there are a few items that will help move the ball forward.

I purchased a set of Yankee 77 that are on there way to the house to be installed for the project. Was also able to secure 5- 3/4 ton hubcaps from someone that was clearing out a bunch of caps. Will need to do the center cutout for the front ones and sandblast and repaint to look good.

Been working on the Rotisserie/bed cart a little and almost have it wrapped up for phase one for the cart function. Will need to build another set of slip on end pieces to bolt to the inside tailgate locations and the 3 bolt locations on front bed panel. Then it can be used as a rotisserie after finding the center line.

Yesterday morning I received a text message from someone I reached out to first part of March about buying a few parts he had listed on Facebook Marketplace. He had a set of 72 doors that I possibly could use on an upcoming crew cab build and a front and back bumper that I could use for another project I have. At the time in March our state had just did a mandatory stay home order so we agreed to take a look at the parts once it cleared. Honestly after a few weeks I forgot all about the parts.

Anyways I texted back and asked him to refresh my memory on what he had for sale and to possibly send over a few pictures. He sent over a few good photos and I immediately remembered the items. So we set a time to meet later that evening at his storage unit. When I got there and looked at the items they were everything the pictures revealed and were worth the $200 for the following items.

2- 72 doors with all the hardware complete and working, no rust
1 - 67/68 front bumper that was not dented or twisted or rusted, best used one I have seen in a while
1 - Silver painted step farm bumper, again not dented or twisted or rusted
1 - front cowl off of a 72, not dented or tweaked but had a lot of pits to fix

So I told him I would take the items and paid him the $200 and began to load all the items in the truck. Before I left he asked if I would be interested in any other items that were in the storage unit pertaining to these years of trucks. I said it depends what the items are since I actually did not see anything in plane sight. He stated that at the back of the storage unit there were a few more items. I stated that I really did not bring any other money and was not really looking for anything in particular. He then said that I could have anything that was in there otherwise he would probably be hauling to the scrap yard or dump since he needed to empty the unit and did not intend to build another truck. It was a nice score of miscellaneous items. See pictures for the details.
Attached Images

Fix and Sale 72 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 K2500
The "Fixrupr" build thread

72 Cheyenne 1/2 ton " FIXRUPR " - daily driver
67 C20 all original paint
71 K20 Custom 4x4 (Idaho Edition)
72 K20 GMC Super Custom 4x4
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
69 K10 Custom package 4x4 (69 K10 from the field)
69 K10 Custom
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
72 K20 Crew Cab Project
71 GMC Jimmy CST
72 Blazer
70 Blazer

Last edited by landarts; 10-11-2020 at 09:54 AM.
landarts is offline   Reply With Quote