View Single Post
Old 07-25-2023, 09:07 AM   #1181
SCOTI

Re: SkinnyG's '61 Apache

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyG View Post
This will be mounted to the frame rail. My intention with it is simply unbolt the whole bracket, drop it, and remove the battery.

Now cut it out of steel:

My duallys setup is similar in intent but different in execution.

I bolted in two vertical uprights to have 'guides' for the batt box/tray to attach to.

The vertical uprights of the batt box/tray have 3/8" square nuts welded on the inside & the uprights bolted to the frame have slightly oversize 1/2" holes drilled in them.

You can muscle the batt (bolted into the box/tray) up into place by hand, but I found the AGM 34/78 batt was a wee bit heavier vs the standard lead/acid type I used for testing/validation.

I just put a fresh batt in & did the install w/a floor jack. Batt/box/tray slides up between the two frame guides. Adjust the height until I can get the 4x 3/8" bolts in place through the uprights into the box/tray. Tighten the hardware.

Your set-up is def more appealing to the eye vs. mine that's for sure. Having stuff laser or waterjet cut sure makes a difference.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote