View Single Post
Old 01-16-2022, 04:47 PM   #57
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Plow Truck, '78 GMC K35 Dually

Got a warm day while I was actually home so I could finish the rear light install. Had the harness ready to go. Just needed to plug in the lights and route the power wires along the frame rail and solder in to the relay wires. Works great! Mounted the switch by the plow controller.

Also mounted the receiver hitch. Freshly painted. I didn't plan on using it, came with the bumper, but using a ball mounted in the recessed hole there is a problem. I hooked up my step sons big enclosed trailer this summer to move it around and it basically was locked onto the ball. There's not enough room above the ball for the hitch to come off it. I was lucky and was able to separate them by unbolting the ball. Just enough room to wiggle it free. Otherwise I would have had to get the torch. I'm not really planning to tow much since the truck rarely leaves the yard. But I need to move stuff around.

I'm thinking about swapping LED lights into the plow ones and installing a dual battery setup next year. Oh and I blew out the muffler, so it sounds a little better now lol. Exhaust upgrade for sure next summer.
Attached Images

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote