View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 02:02 PM   #5
Russell Ashley

Re: 1959 Chevy Fleetside Parking Brake

I found out about Control Cables from another thread here on the forum.

Here's how I did mine. The two cables into the splitter go directly to the rear wheels and connect as normal. The single cable goes to the handle and connects using the original yoke. The cables are threaded on the connecting ends so there's plenty of adjustment. Control Cables will send or fax you a diagram that you fill out with the lengths you want and other details. It's pretty easy, and they are great to work with.

The only fab work I did was to cut the original rod to three inches long and weld a tab to it to connect the yoke to. Then I cut a two inch long piece of pipe at an angle and welded it to the plate where the original rod went through the firewall. This plate is held on by two screws, and the angle of the cut is to aim the cable directly at the handle. I had to enlarge the hole in the firewall but not by much. I welded a washer to the top end and ground the edges off so that it was the same outer diameter as the pipe. This is to anchor the cable. If this isn't clear I might have a pic of the finished part, but, it looks like hat with a crooked brim.

You will have to drill holes to mount the splitter but your cable length would determine exactly where they would go. I hope this is clear, if not let me know and I'll try to expalin better.
Attached Images

Russell Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote