View Single Post
Old 03-10-2024, 06:03 PM   #260
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Dream Car Build - Shelby Cobra Kit

I might have the paint color picked out. I'm going to see if I can look at 1 more option yet but of the ones I've tried I have a favorite. What I have been looking for is a dark teal, something that looks dark blue until the light hits it and the greenish tones come through. Tropical Glitz ads have been popping up on my social feeds since before Christmas and they had a couple colors that looked right so I ordered a couple samples of Bikini Bottom and Cosmic Teal. I also tried to get a sample of the Aston Martin formula 1 team color but I think they mixed up the wrong code because it looked like seafoam green. Aston Martin had the color as a special edition on a production car and I even found one for sale that had the VIN listed so I could get the correct paint code. I'll post a pic of the car for reference.

Yesterday I painted the 3 colors onto a fender that I had painted grey primer then painted white across the top part. This is because paint with a lot of candy or pearl looks completely different over grey vs white. I'll post some pics of those results.
Attached Images

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote