Thread: Fuel pump relay
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2023, 12:46 PM   #13
Ramiro0727

Re: Fuel pump relay

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
ok ..i believe i was getting your pics mixed up as to which is which..the computer im on now has them in order with what you said..my little pad had them swapped..haha
after looking at it more, the pic (your buddys truck) with the white jumper wire looks to be getting the fire signal from the fuel pump relay to fire the other relay....
not really ideal as the ecm fires the pump for a few seconds then stops waiting for a run signal...( i think thats right)..

on the one you say is your sons, that looks more right..
make sure your constant 12v power wire is hot to terminal 30
make sure your getting 12v key on and crank at terminal 86
make sure you have ground on terminal 85
if these are correct when the key is on you should have 12v at terminal 87..for a few seconds
when you cycle the key it should power the fuel pump for a few seconds, then it stops..and waits on the crank signal before firing the pump again
make sure your relay is good..
and you could momentarily put a 12v jumper wire from a known 12v source to the wire going to the fuel pump..it should run if its good
mongocanfly and Jason Banks thank you for all your help. I had it wired correctly. The problem was both relays were bad. I replaced it and the fuel pump primes up. Thanks again.

Ramiro
Ramiro0727 is offline   Reply With Quote