View Single Post
Old 12-11-2023, 10:53 AM   #22
72c20customcamper

Re: More on EVs from a guy trying to sell them

Where EVs really shine is in city traffic . Their efficiency is at its peak unlike ICE vehicles but their efficiency drops in highway situations . The faster you go the more drain on the battery . So EVs work very well for city dwellers but most live in apartments with no way to charge the car. And if your lucky enough to have parking there is no infrastructure to charge . A 120 plug charger is painfully slow a 220 unit is faster but how many can a garage (commercial) install without a major re wiring . A level 3 charger is fast but you do risk shortening the battery life . It’s like any battery multible slow charges are much better for it than a fast charge . So where EVs make sense it’s hard to use them .

I know a couple of people who own EVs and guess what they also own an ICE vehicle too. They use the EV for around town and short trips . I’d like to get one one day for the same use but I can’t justify the expense .

The technology isn’t there yet to make them viable for the masses . The crap with tax credits is really stupid . The person who buys a 75k car isn’t hurting for money. They are just reaping a benefit on something they would have purchased anyway .
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.