View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 07:47 AM   #201
6DoF

Re: Project: Tow-Rat (Lil' Blue)

this weekend's distraction ... painting my FIL's truck. he's had the green capper on there for years, but i installed the blue bed last year when his rotted off. old work truck bed put back on an old work truck, so only a little touch-up of the minor stuff before paint. i'm less of a body/paint guy than a sheet metal guy (have i said i hate sheet metal before?) so this was a good "test bed" for me. pun intended. taping in the sun when it's 90 n humid SUCKED, so we got up at dawn the next day to paint. wife helped mix paint and clean up though.

anyways, the 4 coats of color turned out great and matches the inside of the door jams really well! but the truck is faded b/c red truck stored outside. i also should have taken more time to adjust my spray gun, after finishing i realized i needed a taller pattern with more paint to have done a better job. needing to lay down a wetter coats. zero runs though! but you can see where i induced some orange peal in dryer spray areas. it's 1000x better than before though, and my FIL will be excited, so game on.

Last edited by 6DoF; 06-07-2021 at 08:31 AM.
6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote